Thursday, May 12, 2005

So, what's happening with me...

Let's start in January of this year - 2005 - when I was working in the Netherlands on a work-related assignment. It allowed me to see my friends and family over in Europe. The assignment started in September 2004 as a 2 month deal, but got extended until the end of March. It was a period of very mixed feelings; close to my parents and family in Holland, but missing my own place in Cleveland and missing my friends and family here in the States and in Canada. Fortunately I was able to fly back-and-forward a few times to keep in touch with them. The assignment also allowed me to spend Christmas with my parents in Holland and New Years with my 'family' from Ontario and to spend some time with my cousin Chad and his wife Lisa, who just bought a new house in Brampton, Ont.

After the assignment was over it was a very nice feeling to be sleeping in my own bed again. It did not take long for me to re-adjust. The weekend after I got back one of my friends in the States (yep, that's you Ryan...) got a new job and it was moving time for him. That was one weekend booked...

Another major event happened in Canada just after I got back; my 'sister' Danielle got married to her 'Doctor Paul'. Weatherwise they could not have picked a colder day (outside of winter), but it was a beautiful wedding. Pictures can be found at Dan and Paul's wedding pix. They also have their own blog, called Friendlyfruits

That is in a very, very, very short time the events up until April this year. Now on to May...

No comments: