Sunday, May 15, 2005

Cleveland Metroparks

Yesterday, after stopping at the bikestore to see if my front wheel for my bike was ready, I decided to take a little drive along the 'Emerald Necklace'; the Cleveland Metroparks system. It is a string of parks that spans from the Rocky River lakeshore south to Strongsville, then east to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, east through Bedford to the Chagrin River and then north following the Chagrin River to it's mouth at Lake Erie. Driving the entire route will take you about 4 hours, but you should allow yourself another 4 hours for stopping at interesting places and taking in some hikes. You can find some pictures of the drive on my personal website at: Cleveland Metroparks Photos

The photo's were made with the Canon Powershot S70. A very nice digital camera that is a little easier to carry then my big Digital Rebel. I wanted to have a smaller camera that I could take with me when it is not 'handy' or just not possible to take the big one. For the people interested, I bought the S70 since I wanted a camera that used the same memory-cards as my Rebel (CF-cards), that fitted on my belt or in my pocket and still produced great quality pictures. For more info on the S70, see a review at www.dpreview.com

That's it for now. Talk l8r...

No comments: