Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bodyshop - 2-

I just picked-up my car again from the bodyshop. They fixed the damage and the car looks good again. It also gave me the oppertunity to test-drive the replacement vehicle; a Nissan Altima 2.5. A very nice looking car, both inside and out. Nice firm ride, very nice-fitting, small and thick steering wheel and lots of room in the back and for the golfclubs in the trunk. The thing I didn't like was that the automatic was very nervous at low speeds. Furthermore I noticed that the 4-Cyl engine was revving about 600 rpm higher than my Chevrolet Impala with the 6-Cyl engine. This will cancel out any savings on gas that a 4-Cyl normally has over an enigne with more cylinders. The bigger engine in the Impala just doesn't have to work as hard and is therefore just as efficient as the smaller 4-Cyl engine. Lots of city driving will be better in the Altima, but since 75% or more of my driving will be on the Highway I'm keeping the Impala...

No comments: