Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jen in Ohio

Since this weekend my girlfriend is having her main domicile right here in Ohio. One of our friends is graciously hosting her in their house. Unfortunately, her house is still not sold (click here for a link to the Realtor) so we still appreciate your prayers on that.

On Monday Jen and me celebrated her birthday with a good dinner and a fabulous movie 'The Pursuit of Happyness' with Will Smith and his real-life son. It is actually based on a true story. Check out Chris Gardner on Google for more info and you'll be amazed on his perseverance. It would have been even stronger if the divorce-part could have been resolved, but that is more of a personal beef of us than a comment on the movie and its remarkable story.

It is so nice to have her so close and to drive only 45min to go see her instead of 4 to 4,5 hours. Tomorrow we have various appointments, among others with a mortgage advisor to see if my plans of owning a house are feasible. I hope to move closer to my friends and looking at the area from Munroe Falls south to about US-224 on the east-side of Akron. It is still about 40 minutes to work (only 10 to 15min longer than now), but only 10 to 15 minutes to our friends in Canton.

I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the divorce/separation with his wife was left open-ended...I assume they didn't get back together?

At any rate, my friend Njoke and I had an "online dialogue" about The Pursuit of Happyness here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/The_Pursuit_of_Happyness

We'd love it if you could add your 2 cents (tuppence?) on the discussion.

Thanks!

Jason